High Speed Precision Repairs On All Types Of Fortuna Spindles
Fortuna Spindle Re-manufacturing Services
Incoming Vibration Analysis
- Incoming vibration analysis is performed in order to determine: bearing condition, level of unbalance, non-repetitive runout.
Assembled Spindle Inspection
- Pilot ID or taper runout on tool end of shaft to determine possible spindle crash or improper tooling.
- Rear taper runout inspection to determine possible over tightening of belts or improper tooling.
- Preload test to determine bearing wear or spindle crash.
Disassembled Spindle Inspection
- Pilot ID or taper inspection to determine spindle crash, improper tooling or overheating. Bearing journal inspection to determine improper bearing fits or use of spindle after initial failure.
- Overall shaft condition to determine crash, overheating, lack of coolant or overloading.
- An inspection of bearings is performed under lab conditions by factory trained bearing specialists to determine lack of lubrication, over speeding, spindle crash, overloading, loss of preload, contamination (coolant or other material) or overheating due to electrical problems. In addition, we have the access to all Bearing OEM’s facilitation and personnel.
- We recommend spindle design changes or enhancements to improve spindle longevity and/or performance. For example, if a spindle has failed due to contamination, a design change such as new labyrinth nuts, air purging, hybrid bearings or improved sealing design will be recommended and implemented.
What GTI Provides
- The spindle needs to be removed from the grinding machine. Removal can be done either by the customer themselves or by GTI technicians who can be sent to the client’s site for removal of the spindle.
- Post planning of Fortuna spindle repair corrective actions, rebuilding as well as preventative maintenance work advice is given which needs to be taken care of before installing the spindle back into the machine.
- The spindles are tested to check if all the machine interface parts such as encoders, proximity switches etc. are functioning properly and all spindles have to pass the vibration analysis and review of an autonomous GTI QC manager.
- Fortuna machine tool spindle post repair are reinstalled and checked for performance and reliability; which can be executed upon customer request by a GTI technician. Detailed documentation of the repair work is provided to all GTI customers.
GTI can repair spindles from the following Fortuna grinding machine lines
• These Fortuna Spindles are belt driven and designed to give accommodation to different areas of such applications.
Fortuna FAV Series – Extra Long
• These grinding spindles are belt driven and help to achieve machining jobs that need deep drilling holes in them.
Fortuna FAV Series – Stepped Housing
• These ID spindles with grinding capacity can make holes with large thickness as ratio.
Fortuna FIV Series
• This is another ID machine and it has grinding capacity that accommodates difficult areas of application.
• Motorized spindle that has a quiet mode of operation and maximum speed for rotation and precision at the highest level.
Fortuna M34 Series – Water Cooled
• Almost similar to the M32/34 Series, this has high performance and the grinding spindle can be provided for the high quality machining on the jobs that are difficult for the drill holes quite deep.Almost similar to the M32/34 Series, this has high performance and the grinding spindle can be provided for the high quality machining on the jobs that are difficult for the drill holes quite deep.
Showing the single result