High Speed Precision Repairs On All MRM Spindles
Our MRM spindle repair technicians are privileged to have state-of-the-art in-house resources that give them the edge in high precision spindle repair work. We have full access to OEM parts as well as complete manufacturing capabilities allowing us to repair your machine tool spindle properly the very first time. GTI is the spindle company for your MRM spindle rebuilds.
MRM Spindle Re-manufacturing Services
Incoming Vibration Analysis
- Incoming vibration analysis is performed in order to determine: bearing condition, level of unbalance, non-repetitive runout.
Assembled Spindle Inspection
- Pilot ID or taper runout on tool end of shaft to determine possible spindle crash or improper tooling.
- Rear taper runout inspection to determine possible over tightening of belts or improper tooling.
- Preload test to determine bearing wear or spindle crash.
Disassembled Spindle Inspection
- Pilot ID or taper inspection to determine spindle crash, improper tooling or overheating. Bearing journal inspection to determine improper bearing fits or use of spindle after initial failure.
- Overall shaft condition to determine crash, overheating, lack of coolant or overloading.
- An inspection of bearings is performed under lab conditions by factory trained bearing specialists to determine lack of lubrication, over speeding, spindle crash, overloading, loss of preload, contamination (coolant or other material) or overheating due to electrical problems. In addition, we have the access to all Bearing OEM’s facilitation and personnel.
- We recommend spindle design changes or enhancements to improve spindle longevity and/or performance. For example, if a spindle has failed due to contamination, a design change such as new labyrinth nuts, air purging, hybrid bearings or improved sealing design will be recommended and implemented.
What GTI Provides
- The spindle needs to be removed from the grinding machine. Removal can be done either by the customer themselves or by GTI technicians who can be sent to the client’s site for removal of the spindle.
- Post planning of MRM spindle repair corrective actions, rebuilding as well as preventative maintenance work advice is given which needs to be taken care of before installing the spindle back into the machine.
- The spindles are tested to check if all the machine interface parts such as encoders, proximity switches etc. are functioning properly and all spindles have to pass the vibration analysis and review of an autonomous GTI QC manager.
- MRM spindles in post repair are reinstalled and checked for performance and reliability; which can be executed upon customer request by a GTI technician. Detailed documentation of the repair work is provided to all GTI customers.
Showing the single result