High Speed Precision Repairs on All Mazak Spindles
Our technicians thoroughly inspect the spindle to identify the problem correctly before moving ahead with any spindle repair work. All spindles are subjected to the following 5 point assessment:
Incoming Vibration Analysis
- Incoming vibration analysis is performed in order to determine: bearing condition, level of unbalance, non-repetitive runout.
Assembled Spindle Inspection
- Pilot ID or taper runout on tool end of shaft to determine possible spindle crash or improper tooling.
- Rear taper runout inspection to determine possible over tightening of belts or improper tooling.
- Preload test to determine bearing wear or spindle crash.
Disassembled Spindle Inspection
- Pilot ID or taper inspection to determine spindle crash, improper tooling or overheating. Bearing journal inspection to determine improper bearing fits or use of spindle after initial failure.
- Overall shaft condition to determine crash, overheating, lack of coolant or overloading.
- An inspection of bearings is performed under lab conditions by factory trained bearing specialists to determine lack of lubrication, over speeding, spindle crash, overloading, loss of preload, contamination (coolant or other material) or overheating due to electrical problems. In addition, we have the access to all Bearing OEM’s facilitation and personnel.
- We recommend spindle design changes or enhancements to improve spindle longevity and/or performance. For example, if a spindle has failed due to contamination, a design change such as new labyrinth nuts, air purging, hybrid bearings or improved sealing design will be recommended and implemented.
What GTI Provides
- The spindle needs to be removed from the grinding machine. Removal can be done either by the customer themselves or by GTI technicians who can be sent to the client’s site for removal of the spindle.
- Post planning of Mazak spindle repair corrective actions, rebuilding as well as preventative maintenance work advice is given which needs to be taken care of before installing the spindle back into the machine.
- The spindles are tested to check if all the machine interface parts such as encoders, proximity switches etc. are functioning properly and all spindles have to pass the vibration analysis and review of an autonomous GTI QC manager.
- Mazak machine tool spindle post repair are reinstalled and checked for performance and reliability; which can be executed upon customer request by a GTI technician. Detailed documentation of the repair work is provided to all GTI customers.
Mazak Machines We Service
CNC Turning Centers – Quick Turn NEXUS
- Spindle repair provided on all QTN models in the series – Multiplex – repairs performed on all models in this series from 6100 – 6200Y
Horizontal Machining Centers – NEXUS HCN Series
- Includes 4000-II to 6800-II; 8800 and 10800 models
- Integrex e-Series spindle repairs performed on all configurations in its e-Series Horizontal models e-420, e-500, e-650
Vertical Machining Centers – NEXUS Series VCN Models
- Integrex e-Series spindle repairs on all configurations in series
- Includes e-Series Verticals single table version and Ramtec.
Multi-Tasking Centers – Integrex Series
- There are a range of configurations that include but not limited to 100-IVU to 100-IV ST; 200 IVU to 200-IV ST; 300-IV U/L to 300-IV ST; and 400-IV U/L to 400-IV ST
Our Mazak spindle repair products include: HYPERQUADREX Series, VARIAXIS Series, INTEGREX i-Series, and VERSATECH Series. Please dial at 888.473.9675 to discuss your specific need for repair of Mazak spindle. One year repairing warranty for all spindles and also re-manufactured spindles. If you do have any questions on spindle repair or whether or not there is an option other than a mazak spindle replacement for your equipment, call 888.473.9675 or email: email@example.com and find out about our guaranteed cost reduction program!
Showing the single result