High Speed Precision Repairs on All Matsuura Spindles
Our technicians thoroughly inspect the spindle to identify the problem correctly before moving ahead with any spindle repair work. All spindles are subjected to the following 5 point assessment:
Incoming Vibration Analysis
- Incoming vibration analysis is performed in order to determine: bearing condition, level of unbalance, non-repetitive runout.
Assembled Matsuura Spindle Inspection
- Pilot ID or taper runout on tool end of shaft to determine possible spindle crash or improper tooling.
- Rear taper runout inspection to determine possible over tightening of belts or improper tooling.
- Preload test to determine bearing wear or spindle crash.
Disassembled Spindle Inspection
- Pilot ID or taper inspection to determine spindle crash, improper tooling or overheating. Bearing journal inspection to determine improper bearing fits or use of spindle after initial failure.
- Overall shaft condition to determine crash, overheating, lack of coolant or overloading.
- An inspection of bearings is performed under lab conditions by factory trained bearing specialists to determine lack of lubrication, over speeding, spindle crash, overloading, loss of preload, contamination (coolant or other material) or overheating due to electrical problems. In addition, we have the access to all Bearing OEM’s facilitation and personnel.
- We recommend spindle design changes or enhancements to improve spindle longevity and/or performance. For example, if a spindle has failed due to contamination, a design change such as new labyrinth nuts, air purging, hybrid bearings or improved sealing design will be recommended and implemented.
What GTI Provides
- The spindle needs to be removed from the grinding machine. Removal can be done either by the customer themselves or by GTI technicians who can be sent to the client’s site for removal of the spindle.
- Post planning of Matsuura spindle repair corrective actions, rebuilding as well as preventative maintenance work advice is given which needs to be taken care of before installing the spindle back into the machine.
- The spindles are tested to check if all the machine interface parts such as encoders, proximity switches etc. are functioning properly and all spindles have to pass the vibration analysis and review of an autonomous GTI QC manager.
- Matsuura machine tool spindle post repair are reinstalled and checked for performance and reliability; which can be executed upon customer request by a GTI technician. Detailed documentation of the repair work is provided to all GTI customers.
Machines We Service
Ultra High Speed Vertical Linear Motor Machines
- Models: LX-0, LX-0 5AX, LX-1, LX-1500
Horizontal Machining Centers
- H.Plus-300, H.Plus-405, H.Plus-500, H.Plus-630, and H.Plus800
5-Axis Multi-Tasking Machining Centers
- CUBLEX-25 and CUBLEX
5-Axis Vertical Machining Centers
- Models: MAM72-25V, MAM72-3VS, MAM72-3VM, MAM72-35V, MAM72-42V, and MAM72-63V
High Speed Vertical Machining Centers
- FX-2 Model
High Accuracy Vertical Machining Centers
- Mold Plus-800 model
Vertical Machining Centers
- V.Plus-500, V.Plus 660, V.Plus 800, V.Plus 1000, V.Plus-1500 and V.Plus-2000
- R.Plus-550 and R.Plus-800
For Matsuura spindle repair, call GTI now to get a quote free for you, on your future Matsuura machine tool spindle for repair service. There is a One year repair warranty for any manufactured spindles and also for re-manufactured spindles. If you have any questions regarding spindle repair, please dial 888.473.9675 or send email: email@example.com
Showing all 3 results