High Speed Precision Repairs On All Blohm Spindle Models
Our Blohm spindle repair process provides our clients with incomparable machine tool spindle repairs on all types of Blohm grinding machines. We have in-house resources and our trained technicians offer you effective and cost benefit solutions to your broken spindle problems. Most importantly, we have full access to parts as well as complete manufacturing capabilities that allows us to repair your machine tool spindle properly the very first time. GTI is the spindle company for your BLOHM sales, service and repair requirements.
Blohm Spindle Re-manufacturing Services
Our technicians thoroughly inspect the spindle to identify the problem correctly before moving ahead with any spindle repair work. All spindles are subjected to the following 5 point assessment:
Incoming Vibration Analysis
- Incoming vibration analysis is performed in order to determine: bearing condition, level of unbalance, non-repetitive runout.
Assembled Spindle Inspection
- Pilot ID or taper runout on tool end of shaft to determine possible spindle crash or improper tooling.
- Rear taper runout inspection to determine possible over tightening of belts or improper tooling.
- Preload test to determine bearing wear or spindle crash.
Disassembled Spindle Inspection
- Pilot ID or taper inspection to determine spindle crash, improper tooling or overheating. Bearing journal inspection to determine improper bearing fits or use of spindle after initial failure.
- Overall shaft condition to determine crash, overheating, lack of coolant or overloading.
- An inspection of bearings is performed under lab conditions by factory trained bearing specialists to determine lack of lubrication, over speeding, spindle crash, overloading, loss of preload, contamination (coolant or other material) or overheating due to electrical problems. In addition, we have the access to all Bearing OEM’s facilitation and personnel.
- We recommend spindle design changes or enhancements to improve spindle longevity and/or performance. For example, if a spindle has failed due to contamination, a design change such as new labyrinth nuts, air purging, hybrid bearings or improved sealing design will be recommended and implemented.
What GTI Provides
- The spindle needs to be removed from the grinding machine. Removal can be done either by the customer themselves or by GTI technicians who can be sent to the client’s site for removal of the spindle.
- Post planning of Blohm spindle repair corrective actions, rebuilding as well as preventative maintenance work advice is given which needs to be taken care of before installing the spindle back into the machine.
- The spindles are tested to check if all the machine interface parts such as encoders, proximity switches etc. are functioning properly and all spindles have to pass the vibration analysis and review of an autonomous GTI QC manager.
- Blohm machine tool spindle post repair are reinstalled and checked for performance and reliability; which can be executed upon customer request by a GTI technician. Detailed documentation of the repair work is provided to all GTI customers.
GTI can repair spindles from the following Blohm grinding machine lines
Profile and Surface Grinding Machines
- REDLINE´S eco control machine and REDLINE´S easy touch machine – To ensure consistent optimum performance of the machine; our technicians will repair the flexible speed grinding spindle.
- PLANOMAT line machine – To achieve increased efficiency and reduced production time, our technicians repair machine tool spindles on all 6 working sizes.
Production Grinding Machines
- PROFIMAT machine – Our technicians offer spindle repair services on all 3 Blohm production grinding machines such as PROFIMAT RT, PROFIMAT MC and PROFIMAT MT.
Special Purpose Grinding Machines
- Our technicians can repair broken spindles in PROFIMAT 412, 220DK-260DK and 312DK so that they can deliver quality accuracy.
Our Blohm spindle repair and spindle rebuild comes with a one-year warranty. This warranty starts from the day of installation on the machine, not the day of shipment like many of our competitors. Call us to arrange your Blohm spindle repair and to get your spindle back into production. Toll free: 888-473-9675 GTI Spindle Technology
No products were found matching your selection.